[PD] compiling pd on fedora 9

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jul 14 09:15:48 CEST 2008

Jaime Oliver wrote:

> Hello I´m compiling pd on fedora 9 in a core 2 duo machine, doing the
> following
>
> yum install tk-devel
>

> and pd doesn´t work correctly, (for example ctrl-n and ctrl-q don´t work)

i guess(!) this is a problem withthe tcl/tk version you are using.

try using tck/tk-8.4 and see if it goes away (if available on fc9)
alternatively try using an uptodate version of Pd (don't know whether
there have been some fixes; but i also don't know whether you are trying
to run Pd-0.37 or 0.52; and whether this is about plain Pd (aka
Pd-vanilla) or some otherwise patched version (like Pd-extended)

fgmasdr
IOhannes