[PD] Free rotation in GEM

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Wed Jul 16 00:30:11 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have a question which I know myself is very vague, but may also be
straight forward as well to anyone who has had the same problem.

Trying to achieve free rotation *without* using [accumrotate], I have
come across concepts such as multiplying matrixs and converting a matrix
to "quarternion", "gimbal lock".

At least my understanding so far is that, no combination of chaining
[rotate] objects give me results I expect.

How do you implement precise control of rotation matrixs?
Is this exactly what people use GridFlow for?
Or else, is the only option to make a patch which crunches yucky and
complex matrix multiplication, then feed the results to [rotate] ?

--
David Shimamoto