[PD] Free rotation in GEM

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Wed Jul 16 10:24:36 CEST 2008

hello

sorry if i misunderstand.
rotateXYZ will rotate in X direction, then in Y, finally in Z.
if you wish to rotate in Z, then in X, you just need 2 rotate objects:
the 1st for the rotation in Z, then an other for the rotation in X.

anyway, there is no matrix manipulation that i was not able to do with rotate/rotateXYZ/translateXYZ/scaleXYZ/shearXY..
so i'm quite sure you don't need anything else than this standard objects for simple matrix rotation.

so i think you need 1 [rotate] to rotate the vector axis of the object, then a accumrotate.
if i misunderstood, could you please describe your problem better.

I think you can also use GEMgl objects to multiply the matrix with a custom one, but it's to much complex for what you need.

cyrille