[PD] really annoying question about tildes~

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Wed Jul 16 15:03:13 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 13:09 +0200, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> Roman Haefeli wrote:
> >
> >> (and was almost solved in Pd-vanilla - but alas! in the end it was not),
> >
> > what was the reason for that?
>
> who knows?
> anyhow, i don't think it will be fixed upstream within the next years...
>

> > even while using pd-vanilla, i used to compile zexy as single-object
> > externals in order to make my patches as troublefree as possible on
> > pd-extended.
>
> ???
> Pd-extended has no problems whatsoever in loading multi-object libraries.
> why should compiling zexy as single-object externals make it more
> troublefree

sorry, obviously i wasn't clear enough. i wasn't saying, that
pd-extended has problems with mutli-object libraries, but only that
currently it uses single-object externals. in order to have the same
problems as pd-extended users, i decided to install a single-object
version of zexy on my box in order to _have_ (not avoid) the same
problems, that pd-extended suffers from, just to help myself creating
pd-extended compliant patches (so possible problems would already be
triggered on my box). however, it seemed, that my installation still
hadn't all of the issues, since [>~] and [<~] were still working for
me.

> (the only difference i know of is troubles with
> special-characters when using single-object externals)

there is also the issue, that aliases are not (completely) supported by
pd-extended, afaik.

> > i also used to use the hexloader and, iirc, i could
> > instantiate [<~] and [>~] without problems (unlike pd-extended, that is
> > why i switched back to a multiclass binary). anyway, my point is: it was
> > once working here on my box without issues at all, even if i had zexy as
> > single-objects externals. what does it need to make it work on
> > pd-extended as well?
>

> i don't know
> and my interest therein is decreasing.

ok, i understand that.