[PD] Free rotation in GEM

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jul 17 13:08:05 CEST 2008

PSPunch wrote:
> Thanks, cyrille,
>

> I looked up some of the objects which were new to me in order to
> understand your method, and your example makes an awful lot of sense.
> I will try implementing it later today.
>

> Mean while,
>
>  > you can save few cpu using gemlist_matrix and GEMglMultMatrix.
>
> Can you please show me specifically how I can utilize these?
> I was not able to create [GEMglMultMatrix] as an object so I am guessing
> it is an abbreviation of some related method I do not know of.

use [GEMglMultMatrixf] (or [GEMglMultMatrixd], but the latter will not
give you any benefits with a current Pd)

when starting with GEMgl... you should be aware that you are doing
openGL (there's nothing wrong with that) and that you will have to
follow openGL conventions
a good start is to search the web for (e.g.) "glMultMatrix" and see what
it gives you...

gfasmrd
IOhannes