[PD] pdlua also into vanilla?

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 16:40:43 CEST 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> As a test yes, but not for the release.  It's changing too fast right
> now to maintain backwards compatibility, so including it would cause
> more problems than it would solve.

I am not sure, if it really changes, or if it only adds new features. I
think the big problems (file naming, loader) are solved, but not sure.
I worked a lot with py/pyext and pdj in the past (which are also
candidates for pdx), but pdlua is the only scripting tool that can
easily integrate the language as a static library, because it is so
small. maintainance should be easier than with python and java.

> I just had a thought: how about replacing Tcl/Tk with Lua/Tk?  Just a
> thought...

is this just a matter of replacing one with the other, or does this mean
every graphical part has to be rewritten?

marius.