[PD] honk -- update

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Jul 19 23:09:27 CEST 2008

I am cc'ing the list since I think this is of general interest:

The best thing to do would be to make them into a libdir, then users
can install them by copying them into the externals folders:

http://puredata.info/docs/faq/how-do-i-install-externals-and-help-
files-with-pd-extended

Basically, create a folder that is named exactly like your library,
i.e. 'honk'.  Then copy all of the abstractions and help patches into
that folder.  Then create a 'meta' Pd patch in that folder with the
library name, i.e. honk/honk-meta.pd.  In that patch you can put info
about the library, like the author, copyright, etc.

Then to install, users just have to drop that folder into one of the
folders listed in that FAQ entry.   They'll be able to do [honk/
myobject] as well as [import honk] then [myobject].

.hc