[PD] [nosleep] WAS: how to avoid (most/many/some) readsf~ dropouts

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Sun Jul 20 05:25:51 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 08:29:16PM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
> >They are not "my" namespaces.  I neither wrote the code, nor figured out
> >their usage.  I just think it is a pretty good system to use.
>
> Well, given how much Günter is not there anymore and how much you are
> there talking about said namespaces, I'd say that they are pretty much
> yours. They could also be Günter's and yours at once, or only contextually
> yours to the extent of the conversation that we're having. Whatever it is,
> I know that you didn't code them, but this is not what I want to
> concentrate on.

Whatever you want to concentrate on, I don't think it's fair to call
them Hans' namespaces. There was a lot of discussion on this list and
pd-dev about them for a long time, and many developers and users had
input into that discussion. I think it's more appropriate to call them
'our' namespaces, meaning the Pd community in general.

Just more noise,

Chris.