[PD] Lua and PD : couldn't create

Jack jack at rybn.org
Mon Jul 21 17:28:37 CEST 2008

Hello Claude,

I have installed today lua with Pd on MacOSX.4.11 and all is OK (I
just change 'wget' to 'curl -O' in the 'Makefile.static' because i
use curl).
The patch 'lua-help.pd' works fine, when I click on the message [load
hello.lua(, i get from the console : 'Hello, you!'.

The object [hello] works fine : when i put it in a new patch i get :
'Hello, world!' and when i close the patch or remove this object i
get : 'Bye bye, world!'.

Now my problem :
i have duplicated the file 'hello.pd_lua' in the 'lua' folder and
renamed it 'testjack.pd_lua'.
Now, when i restart Pd and create a new patch and put a new object
[testjack], after 10 seconds Pd output :
error: maximum object loading depth 1000 reached
  testjack
... couldn't create

Any idea about this problem.
Thanx.