[PD] saving state of a patch

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 20:16:13 CEST 2008

Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Then I would recommend [sssad]. It's the most simple of them all and
> doesn't need any externals. (Note that it's missing from pd-extended's
> autobuilds currently for reasons I don't understand.)

Ok, thanks for all the advice, I'll look at sssad, then.

First problem: It seems it's there, but broken (is it my that's broken?):

/usr/lib/pd/extra/sssad
/usr/lib/pd/extra/sssad/sssad.pd
/usr/lib/pd/extra/sssad/sssad-help.pd
/usr/lib/pd/extra/sssad/_sssad
/usr/lib/pd/extra/sssad/_sssad/singleton-help.pd
/usr/lib/pd/extra/sssad/_sssad/sssad-persistence.pd
/usr/lib/pd/extra/sssad/_sssad/singleton.pd
/usr/lib/pd/extra/sssad/_sssad/list_argument.pd
/usr/lib/pd/extra/sssad/sssad-example.pd
/usr/lib/pd/extra/sssad/sssad-meta.pd
/usr/lib/pd/extra/sssad/sssliders.pd

but creating a single [sssad] object gives:

libdir_loader: added 'sssad' to the canvas-local objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'sssad' to the canvas-local objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'sssad' to the canvas-local objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'sssad' to the canvas-local objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'sssad' to the canvas-local objectclass path
error: maximum object loading depth 1000 reached
  sssad
... couldn't create

However google suggested that I should create [sssad/sssad], and that
worked. Unfortunately right-clicking->help totally freezes up my system
(something that never happens). What's up with that? Is that just a
single bug (so "don't click here") or a symptom of something bad?

Should I try to rescue what's there (and if so, what to do) or abandon
it and install just sssad anew (and if so how/from where).

Additional question: I never saw the slash in objects (like in
[sssad/ssad]) before, it that some kind of namespace thing? Where can I
read more on that, including pros/cons and recommended ways/conventions?
--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://atte.dk       | http://myspace.com/attejensen