[PD] saving state of a patch

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 22:11:23 CEST 2008

Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Pd-extended is broken in that it cannot load abstractions that are in
> directories which have the same name as the abstraction. At least
> that's how I understand the problem. Users of upstream Pd like me
> aren't affected.

I see. I found this has been has been discussed very recently, and I
read the thread, and feel somewhat enlightend.

> Maybe it's the same issue of pd-extended that makes it fail to load
> [sssad]? I have no idea.

After moving sssad* to extra (see below) sssad-help.pd also works. Seems
to be related...

>> Additional question: I never saw the slash in objects (like in
>> [sssad/ssad]) before, it that some kind of namespace thing? Where can I
>> read more on that, including pros/cons and recommended ways/conventions?
>
> Can of worms here, you may want to read up in the archives.

Thanks for the heads up!

> As a workaround you can move the content of extra/sssad into the
> "extra" directory or another directory of your Pd-path.

Ok, that seems to work. I can even make sssad-example.pd load/restore
form file. That's great, now I have something working and play with that
and see where it takes me.

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte