[PD] freehand drawing on video in GEM

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 23:17:02 CEST 2008

I think what you need to do is create some kind of b/w mask. basically
you start with a black texture and add white to wherever the point of
light goes. you can either take the video material and filter it, so
that only the light is visible and then create a feedbackloop that
always adds to the last image, but you could also use blob and draw a
curve, like you suggested. creating a long render chain of
openglcommands on the fly could work, but becomes slower with every
frame, so this will only work for a certain amount of time. but you can
still use gemframebuffer and a feedback loop to draw white
rectangles/circles/curves into a black texture and use it a the mask.
at some point you probably want to reset your window?
I will try to come up with a test-patch for that problem. would
perfectly fit into a gem tutorial anyway.
marius.