[PD] sssad slowness

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 23:54:47 CEST 2008

Hi

Ok, so I'm playing with sssad, and it's really easy to work with. I
saved some of the settings in my "environment" (a sssad save is here:
http://atte.dk/download/test_alive.txt). Loading/saving the state itself
is snappy, but loading the main patch is really slow (hogs the machine
for 15 seconds, before the load is complete). With plans to add more
things to the state, I figure something else must be done. So:

1) Is this normal behaviour of sssad?

2) Should I change something in my setup (backend, ramdisk)? I guess
this is not is the part of the problem since loading a state is fast but
regular load of the sssad-enabled patch is sloow, but what do I know...

3) Is something broken in my sssad install? I had problems, that I
solved by moving sssad* to /usr/lib/pd/extra/ (from
/usr/lib/pd/extra/sssad/), but that might have left some badness behind.

BTW: sssad-example, (from which I copied stuff) also loads quite slow,
maybe 2-3 seconds.

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte