[PD] is $0 the same on every load?

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 07:25:58 CEST 2008

Chris McCormick wrote:

> Is this so you can save and load different groups of pre-sets
> separately? I have been trying to think of a nice portable solution to
> that problem, using sssad. I have some ideas, but nothing concrete yet.

No.

I have an abstraction that counts the beats (or 1/8 notes or other note
values) and sends out 0, 1, 2, 3 etc for every beat. The idea is to
instantiate this for every "instrument" that needs to know about time.
So in one piece it might be two in others 50. A convienient way to store
them was simply to refer to $0, since I didn't have to worry about
making some unique identifier up for each instance.

Does it make sense?

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte