[PD] is $0 the same on every load?

Damian Stewart damian at frey.co.nz
Wed Jul 23 09:38:14 CEST 2008

Atte André Jensen schreef:
>> So for sssad: You can use keys like [sssad $0-somekey] but as soon as
>> you save them to a file or message box, you will have something like
>> 1026-somekey in your storage and you can only restore it if you're
>> lucky because 1026 doesn't equal $0. 1026 even is a completely
>> different concept than $0.

hmm.. so what if i have for example a delay abstraction which a GOP gui,
and i want to have multiple instances of this abstraction? i suppose i'd
have to name each one individually, passing a name on initialisation?

what if i have a delay abstraction inside a synth abstraction, and i
want two instances of the synth abstraction? then i have two instances
of the delay abstraction but no easy way to name them without messily
chaining up the name strings...

from memory this is one of the reasons why i have yet to knuckle down
and figure out sssad for my own stuff - my state saving system is
current a piece of paper with pencil numbers scrawled all over it.