[PD] Save RAM memory usage ?

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Thu Jul 24 14:20:01 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 4:52 AM, Solen Music
<solenpuredata at googlemail.com> wrote:
> also. is there anyway to speed up the loading time of the arrays? it
> seems to take a good few minutes at the moment?

A trick I use to speed up loading samples into arrays is use [readsf~]
with [tabwrite~] in an abstraction that upsamples (using [block~]).
You obviously need to know the size of the .wav beforehand.  I don't
know how much it will speed up loading hundreds of samples but I
suppose it does not make much difference.

./MiS