[PD] new luagl
marius.schebella at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 18:06:15 CEST 2008
when I compiled the new pdlua version, the make process grabed the
sources from http://www.lua.org/ftp/ and built a static lua library
(which I don't think includes any opengl functionality).
the gl packet I am using comes from http://www.algonet.se/~afb/lua and
contains a binary called luagl (and some other files). I put them into
/usr/local/share/lua/5.1 which was one of the directories that seemed to
be in the default lua search path.
I would be ok with any other version of luagl or opengl -- actually I
would prefer the branch that wesley smith is working on for his luaAV
project. wesley's opengl binaries get compiled as opengl.o and I am not
sure, if I can use them at all??
something with my current setup is not working. I think require("luagl")
is loading correctly. if I change it to require("opengl") the object
does not get created: [string "msgltest1"]:1: module 'opengl' not found:
no field package.preload['opengl']. but there is obviously not opengl
madule that could be loaded. I will try your luagl version now...
btw using gl.Begin instead of glBegin gives me a similar error.
[string "msgltest1"]:25: attempt to index global 'gl' (a nil value)
error: lua: error in dispatcher:
Thomas Grill wrote:
> Hi Marius,
> which version of "luagl" are you referring to?
> I have the following here (version 1.01):
> * LuaGL - an OpenGL binding for Lua
> * 2003-2004(c) Fabio Guerra, Cleyde Marlyse
> * www.luagl.sourceforge.net
> as it's designed by default, lua scripts wouldn't require 'luagl' but
> rather 'opengl', but this can be changed easily.
> Then, OpenGL functions reside in a lua library called gl, which means
> that the are called via gl.Begin etc.
> I haven't tried from within pdlua, but it seems to basically work in the
> lua interpreter
> Am 19.07.2008 um 20:14 schrieb marius schebella:
>> here's the code that I am trying to run:
>> require 'luagl'
>> local testgl1 = pd.Class:new():register("testgl1")
>> function testgl1:initialize(name, atoms)
>> self.inlets = 2
>> self.max = 1
>> return true
>> function testgl1:in_1(sel, atoms)
>> if sel == "gem_state" then
>> function testgl1:in_2_float(f)
>> self.max = math.abs(f)
>> function testgl1:render(myself)
>> max = math.max(myself.max, 1)
>> for i=1,max do
>> r = math.random()
>> g = math.random()
>> b = math.random()
>> glColor3d(r, g, b)
>> glVertex2d(math.random(-400,400)/100, math.random(-400,400)/100)
>> here's the console printout:
>> error: lua: error in dispatcher:
>> [string "testgl1"]:25: attempt to call global 'glBegin' (a nil value)
>> I think this code was running in lua0.3..
>> Pd-list at iem.at mailing list
>> UNSUBSCRIBE and account-management ->
> Thomas Grill
More information about the Pd-list