[PD] new luagl

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Fri Jul 25 18:36:24 CEST 2008

marius schebella wrote:
>> when I compiled the new pdlua version, the make process grabed the
>> sources from http://www.lua.org/ftp/ and built a static lua library
>> (which I don't think includes any opengl functionality).

True, no opengl stuff in Lua, have to get an external library.

>> I would be ok with any other version of luagl or opengl -- actually I
>> would prefer the branch that wesley smith is working on for his luaAV
>> project. wesley's opengl binaries get compiled as opengl.o
>
> sorry, "opengl.so"
>
>> and I am not
>> sure, if I can use them at all??

Then require("opengl") should work, if the opengl.so is in the Lua
package path (including next to your .pd_lua file).  At least I managed
to load a test package into pdlua and list its contents..

could be replaced by

function testgl1:in_1_gem_state(atoms)
   self:render()
end