[PD] New sssad.pd now in SVN repository - please test! [was: sssad slowness]

Enrique Erne enrique at netpd.org
Tue Jul 29 11:18:17 CEST 2008

Hi
Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Enrique Erne hat gesagt: // Enrique Erne wrote:
>> now the point why i write this email:
>> it would be nice to have a little note in sssad-help that says
>> "initializing is strongly recommended" or similar.
>
> Hm, probably [sssad] should get a [route bang] after the [route save]
> as well to prohibit saving parameters that haven't been initialized -
> similar to the protection of the outlet. I attached a version which
> has this with a little demo patch.

That looks great. Still, personally I will initialize all keys, this
guarantees to always have complete presets.

[loadbang]

[;
SSSAD vol 20, freq 42, other 1.2345(

An other minor issue:

In my post before I wrote to do [SSSAD_ADMIN set( on load, but on a
second thought this is not good practice. It would force all SSSAD to
output their value, even other already existing patches.

Basically i would like it if there was a possibility to let some SSSAD
instances in a new patch output the value. Attached SSSAD has a possible
solution.

case 1) ___________________________________

      [sssad vol]

[*~ 0.5]

Here SSSAD would not be initialized.

case 2) ___________________________________

[loadbang]

[;
SSSAD vol 0.5(

      [sssad vol]

[*~ 0.5]

Here all is good except i don't want to write the value twice.

case 3) ___________________________________

[loadbang]

[;
SSSAD vol 0.5(

      [sssad vol]
     /
[*~]

*~ is missing the init value. It would work with [SSSAD_ADMIN set( but
then all SSSAD's will output their value. That seems wrong.

case 4) ___________________________________

[loadbang]

[;
SSSAD vol 0.5, vol bang(

      [sssad vol]
     /
[*~]

How about something like that? [SSSAD vol bang( could be used to specify
one key to output it's value. One more [route bang] would be required.

One could argue [SSSAD vol bang( should delete the value, but i can't
think of a use of having a key without value.

In attached SSSAD i have 2 minor changes.

A [route bang] to
- output a specific key
(i like that change a lot and see no problem)

$1 in [route save $1] to
- save a specific key
(this is not a clean solution and doesn't work when with [sssad save]
instance, but it would allow to collect specific data)

wow pretty long email for such a minor thing.
thanks for having a look at it :)

eni