[PD] Idiomatic Pd

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jul 29 20:04:28 CEST 2008

Hallo,

> On Jul 29, 2008, at 1:31 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> >I think, it would be important to first collect every possible style
> >element in the wild and document what people are using in reality.
> >That would be interesting. I'm not too much in favour of a style
> >"guide"
> >however. Let people be creative.
>
> Nobody is talking about requirements.  If you don't like style
> guides, don't use them.  But it is really not useful to squelch other
> people's efforts, especially when you don't even have an intention of
> using this stuff.

I really cannot see where you got the impression that I'm squelching
Luke's suggestion, when I briefly expressed a certain personal
scepticism regarding style guides in two sentences of currently three
much longer mails in this thread, which I considered to be constructive,
at least as brainstorming fodder or to give some motivations on how and
why my personal style evolved the way it did.

Ciao
--
Frank Barknecht