[PD] Idiomatic Pd

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Jul 30 10:46:54 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 09:13:38AM +0200, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> >>I like using a forward slash ("/") since this is forwards compatable
> >>with the day when OSC externals make it into Vanilla Pd. ;)
> >Aok by me.
>
> hmm, even though there surely _are_ uses for a combination of OSC and
> $0, i guess this is the least common field of application...

Ah yes, you are probably right. In general though I find using '/' as a
divider more satisfying than '.' or '-' or '_' because it is more
consistent with the OSC way and with the whole libdir thing, although
maybe that's more confusing than clear. Hmmm. I used to use '-', hence
the names of s-abstractions.

Chris.