[PD] New sssad.pd now in SVN repository - please test! [was: sssad slowness]

Luke Iannini lukexipd at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 11:33:45 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 6:02 AM, Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:
> Hallo,
> Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:
>> In the near future there will be some more SSSAD_ADMIN messages I'd
>> like to support: "setlocal" and "savelocal" to save to receivers
>> called "$2-SSSAD_ADMIN" where $2 will usually be the parent's $0, to
>> allow saving of all/some [sssad]s with canvas-local scope.
>
> Okay, the future is here: I took a different approach after looking
> though my old notes to make it possible to use [sssad] for
> local parameter saving and loading
>
> Attached [sssad-l] is compatible to normal [sssad] (but requires at a
> Pd with $1-$2 expansion). What's new: It also accepts a second
> argument which should be a number (designed for $0). If this number is
> 0 or missing, everything is as before.

Is there any reason specifically to only accept numbers?  I attached a
version modified to take any argument as the local identifier; this is
useful for a number of reasons (remote communication with sssad-l
instances, and sharing a unique identifier with part of an OSC
address...).

> If $2 is different from 0, the global senders and receivers SSSAD and
> SSSAD_ADMIN are *deactivated* completely and replaced by $2-SSSAD and
> $2-SSSAD_ADMIN.
>
> sssad-l-test.pd includes some tests for this and also an example, how
> this change can be used for local parameter handling. Comments
> welcome.
This looks amazing.  The simplicity versus Memento is a wonder : ).  I
have already whipped up OSC enabled versions and will be converting
Memento-p (nee Semento/Polaroid) and Controctopus to embrace the
future.  I think it also gives me an idea for how to do fully
hierarchical state-saving...

Thanks Frank!
Best
Luke