[PD] ALSA + Edirol UA-25 not working under Fedora 9

ydegoyon ydegoyon at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 08:29:36 CEST 2008

David F. Place wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 09:39 -0400, David F. Place wrote:
>
>> Hi:
>>
>> Foolishly, I upgraded my perfectly configured workstation from Fedora 5
>> to Fedora 9.  Since then I've been struggling to regain my position.
>>
>> I was happily using my Edirol UA-25 under ALSA with Pd, but now that
>> doesn't work.  It gives a perplexing error message.  Perhaps someone has
>> seen it. Thanks for looking.
>>

> Sorry for responding to my own message.  Here's some interesting news:
> on Fedora 9 Edirol UA-25 works with OSS in Pd even in Advance mode.
> After rebooting, it came up as the first device in /proc/asound/cards.
> It was quite by accident that I tried the combination of listening to
> the output of the ua-25 while using Pd/OSS.  Midi still seems to require
> alsamidi, though.

yes i'm just laughing at people saying : 'oh you use OSS',
for on my 3 months old laptop,
it's what works the best with a :
00:07.0 Audio device: nVidia Corporation MCP67 High Definition Audio
(rev a1)

so what ?
alsa is so cryptic also why can't they create a /dev/dsp?
that would be it, no more blurring, right?

sevy