[PD] german forum or mailinglist

Ichabod ichabod at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 04:54:22 CEST 2008

Oh good, is this in response to my post at
http://puredata.hurleur.com/sujet-1993-openpanel-open-readsf-help ?  (I hope
no one laughs at my fractured German...) My thoughts in posting that were
that, although "fragmenting the knowledge base" might be an issue, a more
important principle is that, as the Ubuntu distribution philosophy states,
"Every computer user should be able to use their software in the language of
their choice."

It's convenient for me as an Anglophone to be able to find the Pd knowledge
I need in English, so I certainly benefit when German speakers decide to
spend their time and energy on this list and the English-language forum.
But I think the whole community benefits when barriers to use of the
software fall.  If someone speaking another language is able to get help
with his or her technical issues in that language, then we all ultimately
benefit when that person decides to share his/her finished patch or the
output thereof.

Of course, I leave it to the German speakers to determine whether such a
forum will be worth their personal time and effort.  But I think presenting
the need and gauging interest is certainly appropriate.

--Stefan