[PD] variables in throw~

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Aug 5 10:59:39 CEST 2008

Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:
>
>> Should be in the help patch for throw~, otherwise file a bug report.
>
> Thanks everyone for the input, I've got something to work with. I now
> realize my question came out all wrong, I'm perfectly aware of the
> difference between dac~ and throw~, I was just wondering if there's a
> greater logic behind the fact that throw~ accepts set messages? Can
> anything general be said about which objects accepts set-messages?

no.
which messages an object supports is entirely up to the object itself.
even though Pd's code has rudimentary implementation of an
object-oriented inheritance concept, this is only used in a few special
cases.

there are 3 ways to find out which objects accept a "set" message:
- read the help-patch
- read the source
- send a "set" message to the object and see what it does

fgmasdr
IOhannes'