[PD] Using PD in a non real-time mode?

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Tue Aug 5 12:19:41 CEST 2008

Too complicated, Derek!

Ignacio, just let pd consume 147% of your cpu, stuttering merrily, and
the output of writesf~ will magically be glitch free. Pd works on a
logical clock, it hardly knows what "real" time is

For example, I've rendered videos in Gem with sound this way, Pd
consumed ~10x my available cpu/gpu power so it took ~10x realtime to get
the output, but at the end it was all in sync.

Claude