[PD] displaying a filename

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Wed Aug 6 13:43:14 CEST 2008

Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have an abstraction that has loaded a sample with openpanel. Is there
> a way to display this filename in the abstraction (for visual fedback),

symbolatom (ugly truncation if fixed size, no way to turn off
editability), label of a canvas (ugly overflow if name too long,
probably causes breakage with weird characters like " %\,", but can be
prettier), etc

> preferrably only the filename (without path)?

symbol2list and list split (possibly use list-abs version if pd's
doesn't accept negative indices to work from the other end)

Claude