[PD] netpd server crashes

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Aug 12 14:23:32 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 07:13 -0500, John Harrison wrote:

> Roman Haefeli wrote:
> >
> > i would be interested to know, what conditions are needed to crash
> > pd/server-patch on your box. does it behave the same?
> it appears to behave the same i.e. crashes about the same amount of time
> and I don't detect a consistent pattern to the crashes.
>
> I saw the same behavior (crashing) with netsend~ and netreceive~ so a
> part of me just wants to see what it would take to fix Olaf's code so
> that all of these things work. I might be looking into this further...

i think, i will follow hans' suggestion, since it doesn't change any
dependencies on the client side (actually i thought about writing a
server in a different language than pd, probably lua, but first i have
to learn it a bit more).

i think i go for [tcpserver] first. i rather like the mrpeach net
classes anyway, because they are plain TCP, while
[netserver]/[netclient] follows the FUDI protocol (so does
[netsend]/[netreceive]).

i let you know when i have a replacement.

roman