[PD] Keyname Object Changed?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Aug 13 02:53:06 CEST 2008

On Aug 12, 2008, at 6:13 AM, Steffen Juul wrote:

> On 12/08/2008, at 3.32, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> [keyname] changed to be more cross-platform, and more key commands
>> were added.
>
> Are such differences (in the core objectclasses) between Pd-extended
> and Pd(-vanilla) documented somewhere?
>
> I can't tell you how you should go about it, but i think it would be
> nice if such things as core objectclasses worked the same on both
> vanilla and extended. (Or if thats not a possibility - as i assume
> the case is here - then maybe issue a warning?) Anyways, it alters
> the meaning of "works with Pd-extended" to "even if you install and
> load the externals needed it might not work with vanilla".
>
> Sorry if i sound harsh but i think it's quite serious matter.

Sounds like a wiki page would do nicely.  When I change a part of
core, I submit a patch.  The hard part is if Miller doesn't accept
the bugfix.  Even harder is if is accepts the patch, but not all of it.

Basically, my plan for this going forward is to not touch any of the
internal objectclasses.  It's just too much work.  It's less work to
write and maintain a new one.

.hc