[PD] OT - force feedback slider

Peter Plessas plessas at mur.at
Wed Aug 13 03:04:34 CEST 2008

Hi,

i recently had the opportunity of testing a recent Lawo broadcast
console (mc^2 66) and, surprise, it does not only have motor faders
(since most digital consoles for years), but they also programmed nice
features like tangible (force-feedback) unity gain positions, rubberband
beahvior when a slider is being moved from its snapshot recall position
and other things.
I was thinking of doing the same in Pd with my cheapo Behringer BCF2000,
but touch sensitive faders are much better suited.
Heard that some recent BMW car has a force-feedback endless rotary
encoder to use the onboard computer/multimedia/navigation/-system as well.

thanks for the hint,

lg, PP