[PD] problems with PIR and Firmata

Adityo Pratomo quietdidit at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 05:40:52 CEST 2008

hi there everybody, i have a question about the PIR in firmata. I'm
connecting a PIR sensor to an ardunio board and then programming it on Pd
using the Firmata firmware. Then, the input from the PIR sensor will detect
any motion and any voltage output will be used to trigger a bang. But i have
a problem, i guess the sensor will trigger the bang twice, since the output
from the sensor change twice from a single motion. The question is how can i
make the bang only react from the first trigger and then ignores the second
trigger. I've used the delay routed to number "0", but it's useless since
there's no exact time when the second trigger will occur. Any idea
everybody.

And when i debug the firmata, for every single detected output, i have a
message like these

DEBUG: 144
DEBUG: 4
DEBUG: 0
DEBUG: 144
DEBUG: 4
DEBUG: 0
DEBUG: 144
DEBUG: 0
DEBUG: 0
DEBUG: 144
DEBUG: 0
DEBUG: 0

can anybody tell me what these messages means? is my system working
correctly?

many thanks in advance.