[PD] problems with PIR and Firmata

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Aug 14 02:51:42 CEST 2008

Try [debounce] from mapping, it is designed for exactly that
problem.  You'll just need to set the time high, like 2000 (ms).

Those debug messages are correct, that's just the raw bytes being
transmitted.

.hc

On Aug 12, 2008, at 11:40 PM, Adityo Pratomo wrote:

> hi there everybody, i have a question about the PIR in firmata. I'm
> connecting a PIR sensor to an ardunio board and then programming it
> on Pd using the Firmata firmware. Then, the input from the PIR
> sensor will detect any motion and any voltage output will be used
> to trigger a bang. But i have a problem, i guess the sensor will
> trigger the bang twice, since the output from the sensor change
> twice from a single motion. The question is how can i make the bang
> only react from the first trigger and then ignores the second
> trigger. I've used the delay routed to number "0", but it's useless
> since there's no exact time when the second trigger will occur. Any
> idea everybody.
>
> And when i debug the firmata, for every single detected output, i
> have a message like these
>
> DEBUG: 144
> DEBUG: 4
> DEBUG: 0
> DEBUG: 144
> DEBUG: 4
> DEBUG: 0
> DEBUG: 144
> DEBUG: 0
> DEBUG: 0
> DEBUG: 144
> DEBUG: 0
> DEBUG: 0
>
> can anybody tell me what these messages means? is my system working
> correctly?
>
> many thanks in advance.

----

"It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means we
don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of
Environmentalism", by Curtis White