[PD] Firmata polling routines

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 19:37:04 CEST 2008

Adityo Pratomo wrote:
 > so there's an interrupt routine there? And is the routine controlled
 > in the arduino code, not in the pure data?

Firmata computation runs in a loop. The first step is to check for
changing values at the digital inlets and immediately send them to Pd
without delay. The second step is executed every 20 milliseconds. During
that call, all data that was received from Pd is handled and the analog
inputs are read and sent to Pd.
I am not exactly sure how the second step is triggered, if it has a
timer, interrupt or just runs as fast as possible. but it is definitely
not triggered by Pd.
marius.