[PD] preferences for abstractions

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Aug 18 18:51:21 CEST 2008

On Aug 18, 2008, at 11:16 AM, marius schebella wrote:

> IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> marius schebella wrote:
>>
>>> I am not sure, what the stuff is that IOhannes wrote, can you give
>>> more details? links?
>>

>> as hans has said, it is in the "iemguts" library (externals/iem/
>> iemguts).
>> the objects you seem to want are:
>>  [propertybang] (which is like matts solution but way cooler :-)
>> as it
>> allows you to mimick the behaviour of e.g. iemguis: right-click
>> properties)
>>  [saveargs] lets you modify the saved arguments.
>
> that's exactly what I was looking for! perfect!
> hans, this compiled without problems, can you add this to extended?
> marius.

There is a moratorium on adding things to Pd-extended until we figure
out how to make it workable.  Right now, it's too big, messy and
complicated to be maintainable.

I am thinking the way forwards is to to organize things into logical
libraries and release them individually.  Then once they are stable,
they can be added to a common package.

.hc