[PD] hid - not recognising device

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Aug 20 20:33:02 CEST 2008

Hallo,
Ctrl Alt Back hat gesagt: // Ctrl Alt Back wrote:

> i am trying to make EU3C Gamepad MegaPlayer USB working,
> failing to open it with [hid] - error: [hid] open /dev/input/event5
> failed.
> [linuxevent] shows some values in type, code and value outputs, which
> change when i send [start<.
>
> dmesg tells me :
> input: 3Axes  8Keys Game  Pad as /class/input/input5
> input,hidraw1: USB HID v1.10 Gamepad [3Axes  8Keys Game  Pad] on
> usb-0000:00:1d.0-2
> pd[9553]: segfault at bf570ff8 ip b7d26a8e sp bf570ffc error 6 in
> libc-2.7.so[b7cba000+155000]
>
> in lsusb it appears as :
> Bus 001 Device 004: ID 12bd:d02a
>
> calibrator works ok and shows that it is /dev/input/js0.
>
> what else should i check ?

Are the permissions on your device file okay so that you can access it?

If you are in a hurry: I found that for gamepads the [joystick] external
by J. Sarlo works flawlessly on Linux. hid introduced an annoying
nameclash to [joystick] with the abstraction joystick.pd, so make sure
you remove that from your path if you want to use J. Sarlo's work
instead.

Ciao
--
Frank Barknecht