[PD] send -rt snapshot~ to -nrt

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Aug 21 10:42:00 CEST 2008

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > Hallo,
> > patrick hat gesagt: // patrick wrote:
> >
> >> talking about it on #dataflow, patko and claudiusmaximus agree on using
> >> udp. i will use mrpeach/net external for this.
> >
> > You can use UDP with netsend/netreceive as well, just give it an
> > argument of 1.
>
> ah thanks frank for pointing out the actual meaning of pat's email; i
> seem to have skipped the udp part...

However I do think, that netsend/receive could need some work. Sending
many messages in short time can lead to some nasty dropouts even on
localhost with UDP with netsend. I once replaced netsend with a clone
based on sendOSC and was sending the same amount of messages just fine
then. I didn't dig deeper at that time but I suspect that there is room
for improvement in netsend even when keeping its current FUDI interface.

Ciao
--
Frank