[PD] problems with pd and soundcard hercules 16 12 FW

Carlo Benzi carlobenzi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 23:33:07 CEST 2008

Dear members of the pd-mailing list,
I'd like to tell you about the following problem. I have a Hercules 16 12
FW-Soundcard. It works well with Max/MSP (Win and Mac OSX).When I use pd
(with the audio drivers MMIO) I can use only 2 inputs and 2 outputs (with
Max/MSP on the same computers I can use all the 16 inputs and the 12
outputs). When I choose the Asio drivers from the menu Media/ASIO (via
portaudio) pd freezes and I have to force the exit from the program by the
task manager of Windows.
What shoud I do in order to use all the channels of the Soundcard?
Thanks for your kind attention!
Best greetings
Carlo