[PD] Avoiding clipping with tabread4

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Mon Aug 25 14:48:21 CEST 2008

Hi list,

I hope my repeating questions don't annoy anyone. I've sent a similar
question a while back to [pd-ot] but with out response, have been
thinking over it, found no answer so far.

Although I had never concerned it till recently, I've learned that 4
point interpolation may at times return values less than -1 or greater
than 1 even when the 4 reference points are with in that range.

i.e., having a table of [-1 1 1 -1], an index of 1.5 will return 1.25
with [tabread4]

Are there any common practices to avoid unexpected clipping introduced
by [tabread4] or [tabosc4~] ?

Further more, under what circumstances (what 4 values referred to) will
the returned value exceed the range most?

Thanks in advance..

--
David Shimamoto