[PD] 'pure' pd DSP abstractions wanted!

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Mon Aug 25 18:50:47 CEST 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-24 at 15:08 -0400, Enrique Erne wrote:
> Anton Hörnquist wrote:
> >
> > In my view jon~ is open source so feel free to use it in any way. I'm
> > not sure how to... well.. document this. What's the best and simplest
> > way? Should I write something about it in the help patch? What license
> > should I use - GPL? Any hints about this are appreciated. :)
>
> i'd like to see the purepd project having the same licence as puredata.

I think BSD-style would be better than GPL, which seems a bit
inappropriate for Pd abstractions with its emphasis on linkage and
source vs binary distributions etc which don't really apply.

Personally, I vote for these patches being public domain, PD patches for
Pd! Frank B has argued for this in the past, and I think its quite
convincing.

Jamie

--
www.postlude.co.uk