[PD] Disabling a [gemhead] by default (Re: Writing texture to different sides of cube in GEM)

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Tue Aug 26 00:30:32 CEST 2008

PSPunch wrote:
> I thought the dgemhead and repeat methods were just a matter of
> preference. If one is trendy and the other out dated, I guess I can just
> drop the one said to be less efficient.

as far as I understand it, there are now 3 methods:

1: double [gemhead]
2: [repeat]
3: [until] with [gemlist]

1 requires only Gem, but is least efficient
2 requires Gem and zexy, but is most efficient
3 requires only Gem, but Gem newer than a certain version
3 is very close to 2 in efficiency

They may also have different behaviour, I think (1) implies a built-in
[separator] which may or may not be what you want?

Please correct this if I'm wrong!

Claude