[PD] Avoiding clipping with tabread4

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Tue Aug 26 01:05:55 CEST 2008

Hi Charles,

> Common practices, not sure.  But I think we can establish an upper
> bound on the peak value, analytically.

Ok,

So to be secure, [* 0.8]  (1/1.25) will prevent such clips I guess.
As the series being somewhat are, perhaps for wavetable synthesis, I
guess a larger factor or a simple [clip] may be practical as well.
Anyway I appreciate you backing me up with my question.

> How do you like answering your own questions :)  Your example is exactly it.

It was a rough guess taken from my understanding of what the formula
did, however, I had no idea "why".

The whole idea of polynomial interpolation to me, was something I had to
read multiple explanations before understanding. Yours certainly carried
me through the last few steps to reach my goal.

Thank you so much.

--
David Shimamoto