[PD] Csound opcode Moogladder to Pd?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Aug 26 08:48:06 CEST 2008

Hallo,
Claude Heiland-Allen hat gesagt: // Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:

> Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > I think, it may also be possible to implement it as a pure Pd
> > abstraction with some stacked [rpole~]s and fine tuning, as from a quick
> > look it seems to be just a bunch of first order filters with
> > tanh()-distorted filter coefficients. But quick looks may be
> > deceiving ...
>
> You have been deceived, the filter has the tanh()s inside the recursive
> loops, so it's not a linear filter.

I'm deceived too easily. ;)

To make up for my mistake, I did a quick port of Victor's CSound code to
a Pd external here: http://footils.org/pkg/moogladder-0.1.tgz

It's just a quick copy-and-paste version, not really tested, so expect
bugs and be careful with the volume! The makefile only has a pd_linux
target, but it may be a start if someone wants to take over. Possible
enhancements could include signal inlets for frequency and resonance
instead of float inlets and maybe table lookup for the tanh-calculation
instead of direct computation.

Ciao
--
Frank Barknecht