[PD] stereo vision

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Aug 28 03:07:20 CEST 2008

Quoting Simon Kilshaw <Simon.Kilshaw at rwcmd.ac.uk>:

> Hey,
> I got myself a pair of anaglyph glasses (like you get at the
> cinema)- and managed to play around quite successfully with the
> stereo patch in gem examples (pd extended- Have to be green and red
> glasses (not the blue and red i think).

i think olson wants to do the opposite: take a stereo-image of the
real-world (with two cameras) and try to somehow get a "model" of this
real-world into softworld; rather than synthesizing a pseudo-3d visual
of a virtual world.

simon: you are right, color-separated anaglyph images are currently
done in red/green, and if you want to change that you would have to
recompile Gem.
i think this is an issue that should be solved; but then, i also think
that rather few people really use this feature, and if they do so they
are probably up to do the compilation stuff; at least nobody has yet
complained are filed a feature-request.

olaf: seems like there are no computer-vision experts around here; at
least i am not one of them; this might explain the lack of answers to
your original mail (which at least i received)

fgmadr
IOhannes