[PD] dssi-vst.so possible?

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Fri Aug 29 16:18:40 CEST 2008

Hi Patrick,

On Sat, 2008-08-23 at 12:42 -0400, patrick wrote:
<snip>
> not working:
> /usr/lib/dssi/dssi-vst/dssi-vst_gui
> osc.udp://127.0.0.1:18098/dssi/FreeverbToo.dll/FreeverbToo/chan00
> FreeverbToo.dll FreeverbToo myfreeverb
>
> dssi-vst_gui: No contact from plugin -- timed out on startup
> my vst are in /home/pat/vst.

Nice try! However, the port number is generated dynamically per-dssi~
instance, so this approach will never work unless you're sure of the
correct URL. I just looked at the code and I can see what the problem is
-- because it can't locate a GUI executable, it doesn't go ahead and
construct an OSC URL for the host. I.e. the logic is wrong. I can fix
this early next week and commit it to svn.

Jamie

--
www.postlude.co.uk
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamiebullock