[PD] pasted objects now end up under the original object

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Sep 1 11:53:33 CEST 2008

Hallo,
Miller Puckette hat gesagt: // Miller Puckette wrote:

> So, maybe, one should only paste to where the cursor is when the copy and
> paste are in the same window?

But copy and paste in the same window is the same as Ctl-D, isn't it?
For Ctl-D I think, the current solution which pastes with a little
offset is quite convenient. Normally I move objects with the cursor keys
then to keep nice alignments.

I do think that pasted objects should get a "z-index" in front of the
old objects, though, as often they are the objects that will get moved
immediatly and pasting them behind existing objects makes it more likely
to select one of the (now unselected) old objects and thus de-selecting
the group of newly created objects. (I think, in pd-0.41 pasting is in
front already or again. I don't remember if that was different in 0.40.)

Ciao
--
Frank