[PD] pasted objects now end up under the original object

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 01:20:43 CEST 2008

Why not just move those newly pasted object immediately upon pasting? Once
they have been pasted, they are still selected, and you can move them with
the cursor keys. You don't need to move anything to get at them. If you use
the cursor key by, it will move the objects one pixel. If you hold the shift
key while you use the cursor key, it will move the objects by 10 pixels. I
use this technique to keep patches looking "clean"...

Mike

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Andrew Turley <aturley at acm.org> wrote:

> I'm running Pd-extended 0.40.3 on an iBook G4 in OS X 10.4.11, and
> I've noticed that if I copy an object and then paste it to the same
> place, the newly pasted object ends up under the old object. This is
> annoying because if I have some objects that are already connected to
> other objects and I copy and paste them, I then have to move the
> original objects out of the way to get access to the newly pasted
> objects. I feel like in the previous version of Pd-extended the newly
> pasted objects end up on top of the old objects, so that you could
> just paste and them move them out of the way.
>
> So first, is my memory of the old behavior correct? Second, is this
> the behavior people would expect? Third, are people seeing this across
> platforms, or is it just me?
>
> andy

Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires everything we
have, every quality, every strength, every dream, every high ideal.
—Yehudi Menuhin (1916–1999), musician