[PD] making gem units be pixels

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 19:35:16 CEST 2008

Thomas Grill wrote:
> Hi,
> for that i normally use abstractions that do the coordinate
> transformation after the gemhead without changing the camera (see
> But, since for a project i'm working on a more general solution for
> simple UI widgets in gem including mouse and keyboard interaction, that
> brings me to the question if anyone has already done something like
> that. One would assume yes....
> gr~~~

I did a lot of mouse interaction stuff in gem, although only 2d, because
3d needs depth test, which I avoided until now. but yes, it is always a
lot of translations. I have some objects that do mouseover detection on
circles and rectangles and options to drag them around whithout. I think
pdmtl has some of that, too(?).

basically these are separate objects that can be hooked up to shapesand
control the interaction. do you want me to post them?

marius.