[PD] Setting a variable in abstractions

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 21:40:04 CEST 2008

hi,
please send the pd-patch.
you can use send/receive in combination with dollararguments inside your
abstractions.
the dollararguments ($1 $2 $3 $4...) will be substituted with the
arguments you give to your abstraction.
for example, if your abstraction is called myknob, and you create it like
[myknob 99]
then every $1 will be given the value 99
[r $1-data] will then receive messages that are sent to '99-data'
in that way you can do something like
[s 1-knob], [s 2-knob], [s 3-knob] in your parent patch,
and have abstractions [myknob 1], [myknob 2], [myknob 3].
inside the myknob abstraction you need [r $1-knob] which will receive
individual messages.
marius.