[PD] Setting a variable in abstractions

simone-www.io-sound.org cimo75 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 23:05:25 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 10:55 PM, Derek Holzer <derek at umatic.nl> wrote:
> Hi Simone,
>
> I'm guessing that the slider which is attached to the [ctlin] in the parent
> patch sends to [handson] abstraction. In the future, it's usually better to
> zip up the whole patch that you have questions about, rather than send a
> screen shot with potentially hidden information.
there is a 13Mb font file in the whole thing so i was worried about
size.Hey now that i come to think about it, can t <text2d> retrieve
fonts from the system assumong i enter the path on PD preferences?

> But to answer your question: there's no real need to make two levels of
> abstractions here. Replace the two inlets in [handson] with [f $1] and [f
> $2] connected to a loadbang. And replace the slider with [ctlin $3 $4].
yeah i actually knew that but couldn t really figure out how to do it

> Then you can replace [handson1 -11 0] with [handson -11 0 80 1]. The CC you
> mention is actually two values, as in [ctlin 80 1] that must be parsed
> before the actual controller data will come through.
ok back to PD, and thanks toeverybody for the support

--
.wmv , .wma , .pps along with all proprietary Windows formats won t be
accepted and/or viewed....