[PD] Connecting VLC-Player with pd under Windows

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Sep 4 04:56:21 CEST 2008

VLC has both a telnet and a network socket interface.  Those could be
controlled with Pd using the network objects.  I think there was an
example posted on this list a while back.  But if you have any
success, please let us know.  Its something that I would find very
useful.

http://www.videolan.org/doc/play-howto/en/ch04.html

.hc

On Sep 3, 2008, at 1:13 PM, Carlo Benzi wrote:

> Dear members of the pd-mailing list,
> I´d like to ask you, if it´s possible to connect under windows a
> VLC-Player (out) with pd in order to transform some audio streams
> token from internet.
> Thanks for you kind attention!
> Best regards
> Carlo

----

"It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means we
don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of
Environmentalism", by Curtis White